We always want to do all we can to stay healthy, but health and wellness become particularly important during flu season. We frequently hear from different outlets the importance of hand washing, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling sick. But what other things can we do at home to help stay healthy? There are homeopathic flu remedy options out there. Here are 12 tips for viral protection to help you avoid the flu and other viral illnesses.
What Are Some Natural Flu Remedy and Prevention Tips?
1. Avoiding Sugar – sugar suppresses the immune system for hours following consumption, so it’s best to reduce your sugar intake to keep your immune system robust.
2. Gargling – gargle daily with warm salt water as a way of prevention and a natural flu remedy.
3. Saline Rinsing – do daily warm salt water nasal rinses using a neti pot or nasal spray.
4. Dry Skin Brushing – use a dry skin brush before showering to stimulate the lymphatic, circulatory, integumentary, and nervous systems.
5. Vitamin C – vitamin C twice per day has been known to support the immune system, liver, and adrenal glands and is an excellent natural flu remedy.
6. Vitamin D3 – a daily dose of vitamin D3 has been known to boost the immune system and improve mood.
7. Olive Leaf – an herbal remedy known to ward off viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, and yeast as well as improve circulation in the body.
8. Elderberry – a natural flu remedy known to fight off multiple viruses and boost the immune system.
9. Echinacea – another excellent herbal remedy that fights viruses and boosts the immune system.
10. Garlic – an herbal natural flu remedy that wards off various microbes and supports circulation and the locomotor system.
11. Colloidal Silver – a remedy that has been known as an all-encompassing antimicrobial.
12. Wet Sock Therapy – a simple at-home remedy for when you’re coming down with a bug. All you need is a pair of cotton socks, a pair of wool socks, hot water, ice-cold water, and a warm bed to lay in. Learn more about wet sock therapy here.
Get Protection from a Homeopathic Practitioner Near You
One of the best ways to build your immunity and wellness is to connect with a homeopathic practitioner in your area. Experienced practitioners can provide you with customized wellness practices for you and your family and offer a homeopathic flu remedy as needed. If you’re looking for a practitioner in your area, check out our affiliate practitioners to get connected today.
Disclaimer: All images displayed are believed to be in the “public domain” and are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner, please contact CBH Energetics-PetMedella. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These services are designed for educational purposes only and are not intended to serve as medical advice. The information provided on this site and in reports should not be used for diagnosing or treating any health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem or need medical attention, you should consult your healthcare provider.